To our readers, new and old: Welcome to the new and improved Deep South Voice!
While we’ll continue to provide the same great content, we’ve made some changes you’ll notice:
- The layout of the site is completely fresh, less cluttered, faster, and more responsive to mobile devices.
- It’s now easier than ever to sign up for our newsletter using the form at the bottom of our articles. We’ll begin rolling out our newsletter anew next week.
- We’ve made it easier to share our articles on various social media platforms.
- We’ve added new advertising spaces, allowing local, small, and large businesses in the state and region to have a greater variety of options for advertising with us (with the opportunity to reach 100,000+ readers a month!).
We also have some more changes in the works that we’ll be rolling out in the coming weeks:
- We’re working on a Deep South Voice app for iOS and Android that will allow you to access our content directly from an app on your phone or tablet. You’ll have the option of receiving breaking news alerts and be able to instantly share to social media.
- We’ll be adding entertaining polls, quizzes, and surveys for Mississippians that you’ll be able to share with your friends.
- We’ll be adding features and interviews with interesting residents and figures in Mississippi.
- While we were unable to retain our old content with the redesign due to database errors, we will begin the process of manually bringing back our best archived content.
- We’re working on bringing Deep South Voice to Google News and Apple News services.
One last thing: In the past, we’ve attempted to cover not only Mississippi, but other Deep South states like Alabama, Louisiana, and Georgia. We’ll continue to offer some important coverage of our sister states, but going forward, we’ll emphasize the state where most of our audience (including us) resides: Mississippi. Our emphasis, to be even more specific, will be on South Mississippi. We are based in the Hub City, after all.
We look forward to sharing the second half of 2018 with you. If you don’t already, give us a follow on Facebook and Twitter @deepsouthvoice.