As part of our ongoing mission to be “a voice for Southern diversity,” Deep South Voice is looking to build a diverse team of writers with unique, thoughtful, and compelling perspectives and viewpoints to share. At present, we are interested in the following types of content:
- Interesting essays and narratives
- Regular columns or blogs on a specific topic or area of interest (e.g., Birmingham Politics, LGBT rights, a blog that explores social topics through the lens of progressive faith, et al.)
- In-depth commentaries and analyses on issues, policies, and ongoing debates
- Stand alone opinion pieces on current topics
- Interviews and features on people and entities that represent Deep South diversity
These content pieces should relate to social and political life in the Deep South and writers should have knowledge and understanding of the region and its culture either directly or indirectly. Topics of national interest are permitted and encouraged so long as they are discussed through the prism of the Deep South experience.
Our audience values diversity, civil and social equality, inclusiveness, and social justice. Our content and our team should reflect these values.
Deep South Voice is in its initial stages and we are not presently able to pay contributors what we know they will deserve, but we will be offering writers the chance to opt-in to a revenue share program. If your application is accepted and you are invited to join us, details will be forthcoming.
To apply, fill out the form below.
NOTE: If you do not see a “Thank you” message confirming that your application has been sent, then it did not submit. If you have any trouble using this form, please feel free to email your application instead to firstname.lastname@example.org.